Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The "To See" List: April

I'm finding that I'm seeing an average of seven shows a month. That's almost two a week and when I have my own shows usually running four days a week it can get pretty crazy to try to schedule it all in. So I start early. Usually I start tracking what I plan to see each month a week before the month starts. Here's my list of shows I want to see in April. April is a bit of an anomoly in my world for two reasons. The first reason is that I am on in performances for seven nights out of the whole month - the rest of the month is rehearsals for the upcoming production of You Still Can't at Pacific Theatre. The second reason is that I'm going away for a week to visit my parents, so I won't be able to see anything during that time (there is nothing playing at their local community theatre!).

That said, here is my list of shows I want to and/or am planning to see in April. The list will likely evolve as I hear of additional shows and/or run into scheduling conflicts:

Studies In Motion: The Hauntings of Eadweard Muybridge
(Electric Theatre Co at Vancouver Playhouse)
The Secret World of Og (Carousel Theatre)
Stop Kiss (Secretly Women)
Ernestine Shushwap Gets Her Trout (Firehall Arts Center)
Invention of Love (United Players)
LifeSavers (Ruby Slippers)
The Zoo Story (Itsazoo)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you're doing this because it's what I like to do too. Can't believe it's April already, where did March go?

There seems to be some really great theatre happening in Vancouver. You make me want to hop on a plane and try my luck out there.

bfg said...

I am so impressed/envious that you manage to get out and see so much. And also that you're so organized about it. I aspire to be more like that...

SMLois said...

Nancy, if you ever hop on out here let me know - we'll go find some good theatre to see together!

bfg - I promise I haven't always been this organized or seen this much. I find that the two go hand in hand. The more organized I am ahead of time about what I want to see, the more likely I am to see it.